- Movie: Meet the In-Laws (English title) / Dangerous Meeting of In-Laws (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Uiheomhan Sangkyeonrye
- Hangul: 위험한 상견례
- Director: Kim Jin-Young
- Writer: Ha Myung-Mi, Shin Han-Sol
- Producer: Lee Jin-Sung
- Cinematographer: Jung Jin-Ho
- Release Date: March 31, 2011
- Runtime: 118 min.
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Hyun-Joon (Song Sae-Byeok) is a comic book artist from the Jeolla-do region, now working in the capital city of Seoul. One day he meets Da-Hong (Lee Si-Young), a fan of his who is from the port city of Pusan. The couple’s relationship has progressed where they are now thinking of marriage. The only problem is Da-Hong’s father (Baek Yoon-Sik) has a severe prejudice of people from the Jeolla-do region. When Da-Hong’s father was younger he was a professional baseball pitcher. He was then beaned in the eye by a pitcher which ended his baseball career. The pitcher was from the Jeolla-do region. Making the couple’s possible marriage even more tricky, Hyun-Joon’s father (Kim Eung-Soo) wants his son to marry a local girl from the Jeolla-do region.
The couple then comes up with an idea. Hyun-Joon will go to Da-Hong’s home and tell a “small” white lie about his background – that he is a native of Seoul. Now, Hyun-Joon must lose his regional Jeolla-do dialect and also be able to lie to his possible future in-laws.
Meanwhile, Hyun-Joon’s father sends his assistant Dae-Sik (Park Cheol-Min) to follow Hyun-Joon. Can the couple ever survive?
- As of April 25th, 2011, “Meet the In-Laws” has surpassed 2 million tickets in South Korea and is the second highest grossing Korean film in 2011 – South Korea Weekly Box Office.
Video codec: x264 (Hi10P)
Audio format: Japan AAC